Sucks up the dye, that is!
Holy cow, I could hardly pour the dye on fast enough, before it was sucked up and absorbed by this yarn! That's why they both have bare spots in them. I didn't think I'd need so much dye, so I didn't mix up any extra!
It doesn't help that I literally tripped over my two year old trying to dye it up yesterday and spilled dye all over my counter top...but I digress.
I love my Primary Party colorway, and decided I wanted to dye up some superwash and make something fun for a friend's baby. But now I may have to keep it, because I'm not super thrilled at the bare spots. I'm sure it will be fine, but it's just not what I wanted.
Then there's the Pinkie Pie I was attempting...
The yellow didn't turn orange in some places where I was hoping it would, and now there's some green in there...I sometimes forget the basic laws of color mixing: blue + yellow = green. I was using the technique I like to call "dump and prod", where I just plop the yarn in a big glass bowl, dump the dye on, prod the yarn where I want it to soak in, and set the yarn in the microwave. But the yarn sucked up the dye so freaking fast again, that it just didn't work out they way I was hoping. So, Pinkie Pie 2 was born. I think this will become a scarf for my daughter. Shhhh...it's for christmas!