Monday, May 4, 2009

The Big Purge, or FSOT I like to call it...


Working on selling some stuff. I have this need to purge my home of unwanted stuff, but hate the thought of it just going away. I feel like I need to get something back for the money spent on these things, but it's so much easier just to get rid of them altogether! I am bummed that Goodwill no longer (at least not in my area) takes children's items. Due to the fiasco that is the CPSIA, they won't take anything child related. If they do, they don't put it out. So there's a vast wasteland of children's clothing, shoes, toys, books, etc. just sitting there. Or, they ship it out to third world countries. I don't know.

Anyway, so I spent my morning laying it all out, taking pics, posting descriptions, you name it. Now to let the money roll in! Um, ok, now to spend another day packing, sorting, and sending it out with enough paypal to barely get it shipped, much less make any money on it. But at least I know it will go to someone that wants it on purpose, and not just to some landfill.

I really should just quit buying this crap in the first place, but the authorities recommend that kids wear clothes. Hrmph.

No comments: