Saturday, April 4, 2009

Work sucks, even when someone else is doing it...

My husband is training a new guy this week, so he's stuck working the weekend, which he hasn't done in ages. 2 - midnight today and tomorrow. I'm having a book club meeting tonight, so the "big kids" are babysitting. We have an indoor soccer game and then I'll drop them off to fend for themselves with a dvd of "Ghostbusters" and some microwave popcorn.

Hmmm. Maybe I'll stay home.

No, I'll go. It's my only chance to get out this weekend sans kids, and that's an opportunity I can't ignore. Plus, I can watch Ghostbusters when I get back. I have some knitting to do, and that's the best time to do it. While watching a classic on dvd!

My husband got me a 50 dvd pack gift off of Amazon last week, with classics like "Rocky", "West Side Story" and "12 Angry Men". I can't wait to knit/crochet my way through all of them, though maybe it might take me all year...dh does need the tv for sports to watch occasionally, after all.

The other sucky thing about him working, though, is he has to work his normal week next week, so he's on for 9 days in a row. So I have bedtime duty on my own this weekend, and practices/games start for soccer and softball all next week (more bedtime duty). Then the next weekend is Easter, and we have family coming up for the day. I look forward to the relative quiet of summer, when we don't have school on top of all the other stuff we have going on. At least dh will get a vacation in the summer!

No comments: