Thursday, April 12, 2012

Gluten Free Egg Stir Fry

I am not much of a gourmet, but I do cook occasionally. I babysit for a girl that must eat gluten free, which can be challenging in our gluten loving household! I appreciate a simple, tasty and healthy meal that we all can eat. One of my favorites takes about 10 minutes, uses things most of us have on hand, and is pretty darn good for you. Enjoy!



Stir Fry with Eggs

1 bag frozen veggies (I like a stir fry blend or California mix)
1 T coconut or other vegetable oil
1/4 C water
1 T dried, minced onions, or 1/4 cup fresh
1 T soy sauce
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp celery salt
2-4 eggs

In a large skillet on high, add oil until warm, then add veggies. Stir. Add water, onions, soy sauce, garlic powder, celery salt and cook on high for about 5 minutes or until your veggies are the desired texture. Stir occasionally as they cook. When your veggies are done, reduce heat to medium. Make a well in the center of the skillet, crack your eggs into the well, and scramble. Cook, stirring occasionally until just set. Stir into the veggie mixture, cook until the eggs are fully cooked.

Serve over cooked rice, or cooked quinoa. Sometimes, I add Chia seeds while the eggs are wet, to add a little oomph to the healthy quotient.

This meal is gluten free, if served over rice or quinoa. Check the labels on your spices, to be sure they are GF, if you are going that route.

Enjoy! I love making this for lunch. It serves about 4. I like it best served on Grandma's old Correll...

No comments: