Friday, April 8, 2011

Pink Skirty!

pink skirty front by s_gilly_5
pink skirty front, a photo by s_gilly_5 on Flickr.

This is my attempt at busting up some stash. It's from 3/4 of a skein of 3 ply Purewool I had that I just didn't know what else to do with, plus a skein of 1 ply merino a friend of mine dyed up ages ago, and I was too afraid to do anything with it! It's so soft and thin, I was worried I would wreck it, but alas, it needed to be made into something.

I double stranded it and it works great as the skirty, waist and cuffs. This skirty will be available on Hyenacart next week.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This pair of longies with the skirt is so so so so so so so so so CUTE!!!!!!!!!! I am going to make something like this for my friend baby girl. its going to make her so happy she is going to cry tears of joy! thank you for shearing your amazig idea with the world! :) it is beautiful!

Gillyweeds said...

Thank you so much! I love skirties. I'm so glad it's skirty season again!