Wednesday, September 29, 2010

A new look for Crunchy Congo, and some longies for Khloe...

Crunchy Congo on Hyenacart is unveiling a new look! Stop by Thursday, Septmeber 30th for a new look at some old favorites, and lots of previews up for Friday's stocking!


And, finally, I got something done for Khloe! It feels like I am always working on something for someone else, so it was nice to get some winter longies done for her!

Here's the first pair, knitted using the Freckle Bottoms Pattern, and OOAK Rainbow from Retro Baby. This is a two ply bulky Merino yarn that I literally just wanted to curl up in and take a nap! They are soooooo soft and smooshy, and I'm thrilled that Khloe gets to wear these! I did run low on yarn at the end, so the cuffs are simple undyed Peace Fleece, and they are ribbed to keep out the winter chills.

OOAK Rainbow Longies

OOAK Rainbow Longies

The second pair are her scrappies. Ok. So I've never made scrappies of this magnitude and of so many different colorways and weights. We have here BFL, Peace Fleece, Purewool, merino, and a wool/acrylic blend. And they vary in weight from light worsted to Aran weight. But, they turned out cute, and Khloe loves them! I just grabbed a ball and started, doing about 4 rows of each color, then going back and repeating as needed. I did the best I could trying to get more like colors together, but these are scrappies, so I didn't try too hard, know what I mean? ;)

Scrappy Longies for Khloe

Scrappy Longies for Khloe

No comments: